Personal Information Collection
Spin-Off Insights LLC may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At spinoffinsights.com, if you sign up for the Subscription or to receive free regular email updates, you provide your name and email address. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the spinoffinsights.com (“Website”); we do not collect any information on other visitors to the website;
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the subscription and processing of your payment.
- Payment Information. We do not collect or store payment information, including credit/debit card details or billing addresses. However, we may facilitate the transfer of your payment information to third party payment processors. All payments to the Company are handled by third party secure payment providers, and all sensitive information is encrypted and protected with SSL, security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through Stripe;
Spin-Off Insights LLC cares about the security of our users. As such, we utilize commercially reasonable methods of safeguarding your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted, destroyed, altered, or disclosed in transit. All Personal Information you transmit to the Company is transmitted at your own risk and you agree to hold harmless the Company for damage related to the transmission or storage of your Personal Information.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Spin-Off Insights asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
When you sign up (either free or paid) or any other account at spinoffinsights.com, you provide explicit consent for Spin-Off Insights LLC to collect the above listed personal information.
If you enter an agreement with spinoffinsights.com for the provision of services in exchange for payment, spinoffinsights.com will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
Finally, spinoffinsights.com may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Spin-Off Insights LLC may use your personal information to:
- administer spinoffinsights.com and/or the Spin-Off Insights Subscription;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- to analyze and improve the features and performance of the Services and to analyze usage patterns.
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Spin-Off Insights LLC discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Spin-Off Insights has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Spin-Off Insights LLC uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Securing Your Data
Spin-Off Insights LLC will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If Spin-Off Insights LLC stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Website or Subscription. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to on spinoffinsights.com. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) Spin-Off Insights LLC does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Spin-Off Insights LLC does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Spin-Off Insights LLC website for third party use through advertising technologies.
Spin-Off Insights seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at email@example.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Collection”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter sent from Spin-Off Insights. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with Spin-Off Insights LLC. In order to do so, please log in at spinoffinsights.com and cancel your account.
Updating This Statement
Spinoffinsights.com and the newsletter contains links to other websites and embedded links to other content on the Internet. Spin-Off Insights LLC is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Spin-Off Insights LLC
July 5th, 2018